gilbert ban appeal
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your Steam-ID: STEAM_1:0:55286968

In-Game Name at the Time of the Ban: gilbert

Reason for the Ban: mass rdm

Banned By: piper

Ban Time Remaining: permanent 

Why Should You Be Unbanned?: I was never reported for some of the RDM's that I committed in the server. I ratted myself out in the discord while drunk. I feel as if my ban was unjustified because it went off my word on what I said in the discord. However I apologize for my actions and behavior. I've been dealing with some issues recently but that doesnt discredit my behavior and attitude on the server. I honestly enjoy playing on the server, however if you dont wish to unban me I understand. Once again (while drunk) I apologize to those who I was toxic to and rdm'd. I know what I did was wrong and I wish to have a second chance. I want to prove that I am a functioning member of the communtiy. (will update tomorrow when im not drunk)

[Image: FPS66Iz.gif]
[Image: 4uWXZs9.gif]

I genuinely can't find any logical reason as to why you should be allowed back. You have taken out your anger or whatever it is on the server enough times at this point that it's like the 5th 2nd chance. You have repeatedly shown that your presence on the server is a negative one. You have absolutely zero care for the people in the community so I don't see why I should care about you to be completely honest.

[Image: F5cV3ga.jpg]
-1. No reason to let you back in. You could at least do the courtesy of faking to be remorseful like every other rdmer. Besides if you claim substance abuse and are still actively abusing the substance then you are definitely going to do it again. [Image: Screenshot_7.png]

So normally I feel like my opinion isn't really that important to these but this one I feel like I should comment on. Normally I would be for unban and giving a second chance but like others have said you've already had some. Taking that into consideration and the comments "it's fun, also not enough staff ever on to do anything about it" really make me feel like you don't really care really change how you are. Then blaming and injury and substance abuse I feel like is an excuse. While those can influence what you do, I feel like you're using it as a crutch here to get off of this punishment. What I get from this is you were drunk and told on yourself by accident and just want it to go back and in my opinion I don't think its going to cut it this time. [font]-1[/font]

yeah thats a fat -1 atm. Id highly recommend getting help gilbert its 1. not healthy to drink all the time 2. your actions are damaging to both your relationships on carbon and i can't imagine those relationships are doing much better outside of carbon either. Id highly recommend taking a step back and looking at yourself for awhile then repealing this ban but until that happens it's a -1 from me.

i know me replying to a ban appeal is a bit ironic but i think this is worth being mentioned. a few months ago you left for awhile and when you came back, you were extremely toxic to me and quite a few others. you called someone a faggot for killing you and told multiple people to kill themselves because you "had personal shit going on". every time since then that i've seen you on or off the server, you were either complaining about someone else from the server or just blatantly trying to piss people off. with that, plus the screenshots above, i don't see any reason why you should be unbanned. that being said, i hope whatever you're dealing with gets resolved & you can let go of some of that anger. feel free to message me if you need to vent about something. -1

I have to break this into a few sections to make it organized so:

Firstly the appeal itself. Being reported for the RDM's you get banned for or not means nothing. Just because you don't get reported doesn't mean it never happened. Next I'm not sure why you think the ban was unjust. I'll get into this more later with screenshots as well. There is some semblance of an apology in there which is something at least. And this is definitely not the first time people have said irl stuff has affected their behavior on the server. CC isn't your place to go and unleash your anger upon people who don't deserve that treatment in any way, no one does. You need to find an acceptable place to do that because here definitely isn't. Long story short we aren't your emotional punching bag, you have no right to come on and bully people who are here to have fun. And to wrap up the appeal you say that you want to prove you can be a functioning member of the community. You have proven consistently over months that you are the opposite of that. Don't get me wrong, I want you to be able to come back and prove that to us but now certainly isn't the time. In conclusion, the appeal feels like it lacks sincerity which is exaggerated by the fact that you wrote it drunk and still have not updated it. 

Moving on to why you were banned. I'm going to preface this by saying no I do not have logs of your Mass RDM's. Your ban was based off of your own claims which you say is unfair. You were very serious when talking about the subject. Drunk or not there's no doubt you were serious. And even in the slim chance you were joking you brought this upon yourself. You went into detail about why you did what you did as well as threatening to do it yet again (as shown in Pingu's screenshot). It would be absolute negligence on my part to make no action on what you said. When I told you that was my plan you had a golden opportunity to back out. I was fully willing to let you apologize then and there and figure out a different solution. Instead I was met with toxicity. (Screenshot below)

[Image: general_-_Discord_2_7_2020_5_54_50_AM.png]

In the appeal you mentioned a second chance, and based on just this incident this was that chance. And you totally threw it away. Even after banning you the first response was "gj piper" obviously sarcastic but also not remorseful in the slightest. Which is why I'm honestly surprised you appealed almost immediately after this happened. You have to understand that your actions have consequences. 

So in conclusion, I don't think you deserve an unban. Definitely not today and probably not soon. Although that part is entirely up to you. When you do some serious work on your behavior and prove you've changed with a sincere appeal in the future I will be much more willing to see you unbanned. Of course it will require an honest apology but I hope that can be soon. We can't help you with what you are dealing with. Nor will drinking and being toxic towards other people. I hope for your sake and those around you that you get the outlet you need to get this resolved. For your consistent negative behavior and multiple Mass RDM's -1

So this is obviously a lot to read and not everyone will want to do that. I'll write a brief summary here with the key points. The appeal feels very insincere with even less credit due to it being wrote "while drunk". Lacking any real apology and ownership of the actions that led to this ban. The claims that lead to this ban were very clear and were not to be taken lightly. Whilst admitting to multiple Mass RDM's and threatening yet another there was toxicity throughout. For the lack of a heartfelt appeal, admitting to multiple Mass RDM's with no remorse, and toxicity throughout -1

[Image: tenor_15.gif]
Gilbert has a tendency to be toxic, inconsiderate of others, and may even gloat about committing acts of RDM for the purpose of gaining attention. This is all true, however, when we are at our lowest, we need people to lift us back up on our feet. What Gilbert needs is not people telling him how to live his life, but forgiveness and the empathy of others. Both of which he is very deserving of, under the presumption that he remains true to the promises he has made. If Gilbert were to be unbanned, he would not only change for the better, but it will effectively eliminate any future cases regarding this matter. It astonishes me how people receive this ban appeal as unsympathetic or "very insincere" (unless he recently made edits). He has acknowledged his mistakes and even mentions that he willing to accept the punishment of being permanently banned if found necessary. As for the matter of being intoxicated throughout this whole ordeal, it is important to note that even the brightest people have their judgment clouded when under influence. This, of course, does not excuse his intolerable behavior, however, this does not mean he should be ripped away from the opportunity of a second chance. If Gilbert were to do something like this on the same magnitude and caliber after being unbanned, it goes without question that he should be banned for his actions appropriately, simple as that. Ultimately, show the man some heart.

So I know I am not really apart of this community and rarely play on the server but I will say that I have known gilbert for years. In that time we have been in three gaming communities. He has been banned from those servers and forums multiple times for breaking the rules and being toxic. It's the same thing every time. "I'm sorry, I'll do better" and yea he will for a month or two just to go back to being toxic and breaking the rules. Even when he was banned for a long time off a server he would fall right back into it. And I'm sorry if I don't buy your bullshit dude. You are consistently toxic to literally everyone even the people you consider friends. You don't need to be forgiven and given a second chance what you need is a wake up call before everyone gives up on you and cuts your toxic bullshit out of their lives.

(02-08-2020, 05:42 AM)kimilinni Wrote: So I know I am not really apart of this community and rarely play on the server but I will say that I have known gilbert for years. In that time we have been in three gaming communities. He has been banned from those servers and forums multiple times for breaking the rules and being toxic. It's the same thing every time. "I'm sorry, I'll do better" and yea he will for a month or two just to go back to being toxic and breaking the rules. Even when he was banned for a long time off a server he would fall right back into it. And I'm sorry if I don't buy your bullshit dude. You are consistently toxic to literally everyone even the people you consider friends. You don't need to be forgiven and given a second chance what you need is a wake up call before everyone gives up on you and cuts your toxic bullshit out of their lives.

Knowing I won't be unbanned I'd like to make it clear that while yes I was blacklisted multiple times in the past for toxicity, we haven't spoken in years so you haven't gotten to know if I changed and or not. Everything that happened back in CG was 4-5 years ago. I was in a very heavy depression and my mental state was clearly unwell. I'm not saying that excuses my behavior in the past, but it explains it a little bit. I understand the point you're trying to make, but you can't rely on the past for the present.

[Image: FPS66Iz.gif]