Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your Steam-ID: STEAM_1:0:55286968

In-Game Name at the Time of the Ban: gilbert

Reason for the Ban: Mass RDM

Banned By: Piper

Ban Time Remaining: Permanent

Why Should You Be Unbanned?: 
(I'm not the greatest at apologies, but bear with me here.)

I'd like to start by apologizing for my actions and behavior. What I did was wrong and theres no excuse for what I said and did. To those who I harassed and rdm'd, I'm sorry. I know some of you guys may not forgive me, but I hope you understand.
After that night I realized I need to change how I act and behave. I've stopped drinking for the mean time, only doing so at family events. This community brought me a lot of happiness and fun that I hadn't had on Gmod in a long time. Knowing that I ruined everything with my drunken behavior leaves me with regret and disappointment. This place has a lot of great people and a great vibe as a whole. I'd love to be given a second chance to show I've changed. If not I understand.

[Image: FPS66Iz.gif]
Let's begin here: I don't know you. And from what I have read and researched through other threads, you are a very toxic person. Not only that but it is consistent, and has lasted for a while. Your other ban appeal shows that you have been toxic for an extended period of time and you repeatedly say that your behavior will improve, even when is hasn't, according to many people, most of which I trust their opinion. 

Now that we have that fact out of the way, my opinion. You seem dedicated to coming back, even when people consistently deny you. I haven't see a single +1 except kinda from Super, but that was purely from a "humane" perspective. You're obviously toxic and a bad member of the community sometimes (I cant assume all the time), yet you believe that you will be accepted. The issue with that is, for as long as you don't improve your actions on the server and within the community, the opinions that people have on you wont change at all. For some, even if you change, they still wont accept it because this sounds like a very long lasting issue. You can have a bad life outside, I know this from experience, but it doesnt mean you take it out on others. Also, the point of this server is to have fun. The rules are there to protect that fun. I have no fun getting RDMed due to the fact that the person who RDMed me is ignorant or just a downright dick. With that, what you are doing is dragging other people down rather than having fun with them, which is why it is sensible to ban, to remove the issue which is making other people not have fun at all.

This next part is going to sound harsh.

So, with all this, why do you think you should come back? Ahh, the spiel about the "I apologize about my behavior" and "there was no excuse" bullcrap. Nobody is buying it anymore. A lot of us dont really care about your personal life. And the "community has brought me a lot of happiness and fun" thing doesnt really show if you got banned. Given a chance to show change? I think that has already been done back in 2018 with your other ban appeal for the same exact reason. Youre asking for a 3rd chance, not a second. 

I think it is solely upon Danny's choice to show forgiveness. This is HIS server and he can do whatever he wants with it. I know because I owned a popular server and I banned obsessively toxic people with no remorse. Toxicity makes people leave and not want to come back. Economically for the server, having someone who is consistently toxic is bad overall for the server. 

Conclusion? Up to the owner. My opinion? I am too nice of a person to say that you should never come back. Though I will say that if you end up getting unbanned, if you slip up, i can guarantee that you wont come back due to the backlash of people's opinions.

I waited a bit to respond to this because frankly I didn't really want to. This appeal is much better than the first so there's that. However I think this is far too soon. At least based on all that has happened. You aren't banned from the discord, so being more active in there can at least help to prove any positive changes in your behavior. Until then it's all just words.

[Image: tenor_15.gif]
can this get denied already? i already know i wont get unbanned no point in trying anymore :/

Good man. Deserves second chance.

I apologize for this being pushed off but I've been dealing with my own IRL things. So let me get this straight, you become extremely destructive on the server. Proceed to mass RDM and get banned. Then you make a drunk ban appeal which boiled down to a idgaf post. Then within less than a month you come back and write a 8 - 9 sentence short message that says you've completely changed your ways when you had a problem being destructive under the influence of alcohol? Which I saw this the day you posted it, but have been dwelling on it because I'm unsure if you are serious or not. And then you proceed to ask for this to get denied already because there's no point in trying anymore? There's a reason why Piper said they felt this was too soon. Because it was. You don't solve personal problems over-night. And you don't resolve a situation by just asking for the negative outcome to happen. If I was positive on what direction I want to go on this ban appeal I'd just make the decision automatically. But I'm not. So I didn't. That is it. Please try not to take silence as denial because I don't mean it that way.

(03-14-2020, 01:35 AM)[CC]Danny Wrote: I apologize for this being pushed off but I've been dealing with my own IRL things. So let me get this straight, you become extremely destructive on the server. Proceed to mass RDM and get banned. Then you make a drunk ban appeal which boiled down to a idgaf post. Then within less than a month you come back and write a 8 - 9 sentence short message that says you've completely changed your ways when you had a problem being destructive under the influence of alcohol? Which I saw this the day you posted it, but have been dwelling on it because I'm unsure if you are serious or not. And then you proceed to ask for this to get denied already because there's no point in trying anymore? There's a reason why Piper said they felt this was too soon. Because it was. You don't solve personal problems over-night. And you don't resolve a situation by just asking for the negative outcome to happen. If I was positive on what direction I want to go on this ban appeal I'd just make the decision automatically. But I'm not. So I didn't. That is it. Please try not to take silence as denial because I don't mean it that way.

I'm not taking the silence as denial but rather an unwelcome. It's been 2 weeks since Piper replied and in those 2 weeks not another member of the community has bothered to go and post their opinion on my unban. It just makes me feel like I shouldn't even bother on trying to come back. I regret what I did and said that night and knowing that I will most likely be unable to rejoin the community I once loved just hurts. I'm sorry.

Gilbert you've caused a lot of drama and hurt a lot of people. even if I wasnt directly affected by it I still caught glimpses of this behaviour and I know theres plenty more that I havent seen. With that being said I do think you are genuine in that you do enjoy playing on this server because this community is a great community, which is pretty much the only reason I stuck around for so long. In fact I think you've been around only just a little bit shorter than I have which speaks a lot, even if you do some bad things. If you are unbanned then you are going to have to be extra diligent not to let this behaviour take control and not ruin others experience on the server because yeah its really bad for you right now with the whole banned scenario but if this persists then you will be scaring away people from the server, guest or regular which is also very harmful to the server and paints us all with a bad image. I dont think anyone on here really wants to have anyone banned (at least not ban the people who have been around for a while) but people also need time to think about this and whether or not they are willing to accept you back. (I even needed a hot minute to give this a gud thunk)

+1

Please dont make me regret this.

I dont know how to quote or any of that such, the quote buttons broke for me but here we go.

"It's been 2 weeks since Piper replied and in those 2 weeks not another member of the community has bothered to go and post their opinion on my unban." - Gilbert

You caused issues, everyone in the community saw, no one wants issues, people come on here to have fun and fuck around, not deal with more issues. You're wanting to get unbanned under the guise you drank and cause of your drinking you went to RDM and cause issues.

Personally me I was going to respond but I was busy and everytime I did I was way too drunk to come up with a coherent response.

"It just makes me feel like I shouldn't even bother on trying to come back. I regret what I did and said that night and knowing that I will most likely be unable to rejoin the community I once loved just hurts. I'm sorry." - Gilbert

Honestly I don't get you, you loved the community, people enjoyed you when you didn't cause issues but the thing with you that I've noticed from the past is that you're consistently willing to throw away any friendship you have with people over literally nothing, if something slowly starts to piss you off or somethings happening IRL you don't bring it up with friends or let anyone know whats up, instead you do this shit where you drink, consider anyone an enemy (or what it seems like) then go on to mass break rules as if the worlds against you while you take out whatever anger it is with now before friends, like whats the point? I've +1'd so many apps trying to give you chances, I was ecstatic to see you join this community since its been a while and I thought you changed, I friended you and was glad you joined, then one night you got mad at me and insta de-friended me over I believe an RDM and report I was willing to fix?

The main thing I want to touch up on is the fact you blamed your mass RDM on being drunk and real life issues, I'm known for drinking and getting on the server, like drinking doesn't get you an urge to RDM, it's just made me more stupid when I am on but it's literally so easy to not RDM, and if you're having real life issues you shouldn't be taking it out on others, especially friends, friends are there to help you out but if you continuously push them out of your life with no words and just turning on them for no reason you just leave yourself with a black hole which is what I've really never understood about you.

You've done this SO MANY TIMES, it's actually ridiculous, I've lost so much trust in you cause it's just a ctrl+v to see you continously ban appeal with the same "I'm sorry this, I'm sorry that."

Anyway's with all said and done I'll give you one, last, chance, from me. Prove me wrong with you're quadrillion time IF you do get unbanned.

+1.

[Image: ph3l8ss.gif]
Appeal Accepted

So this was a really hard decision for me but I've decided to give you another chance. But I do want to emphasize there was a real divide between community members on if you should be given another chance or not. Some said they'd love to give you another chance, some said absolutely not, and some were completely indifferent on if you came back or not. But I have faith that you'll see the error in your judgement in the past and become a better person from it so I'm willing to give it a shot. Please do not make me regret it.