• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Death Bubbles Puppy: Staff Application #1
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:196702581

In-Game Name: Death Bubbles Puppy

Steam Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198353670890

Time Played on the Server https://www.gametracker.com/player/Death....52:27015/ 20 hours.

About Yourself : I can type pretty fast, I enjoy playing videogames.

Do you let your emotions get in the way sometimes?: Not at all.

Do you own a good mic?: No, I might get one for my birthday tho

How active can you be (day to day)?: It really depends on the day, weekdays will be like 5 hours, weekends, will be about 10 hours.

What time are you usually on?: 4pm Mtn on weekdays (before coronavirus) and about 12 PM mtn on weekends.

Are you staffing any other servers?: Yes, I am an Administrator on a network called, "Valor Network," although its pretty dead atm.

Staff Experience: I was administrator on a TTT server called Crimson Rose Gaming, I was moderator on another TTT server called "Lockdown's Gaming Center" and I am currently admin on Valor Network (Mainly Jailbreak)

Why do you want to be staff?: This server stands out, it has the right amount of players to where it isn't chaos, and it has an overall chill vibe.

Why should we choose you?: I have years of experience with ULX, I can keep the server in place, whilst also having fun.

There are a lot of times where there are misunderstandings over RDM or times where people are toxic. You notice a situation like this starting to become an issue and it's slowly getting worse. 
How would you handle this situation?: I will take it as a slay at first, (with rdm) if they're toxic I will give them a warning, if they continue I will alert a higher up to handle said situation if it is beyond my capabilities.

You accidentally slay someone that didn't need to be punished. They proceed to get mad because you made a mistake. How would you resolve this situation?: I will appoligize, and tell them it won't happen again, if they just stay mad for some reason, once again, I will alert a higher up.

There is a report where someone was killed for door blocking. The map changes and you can no longer view the death scene and the report is a "he said, she said" ordeal. How would you determine if the player needs to be punished or not?: I would go into rdm manager, go to old logs, find the same day, find the hour, find the map, time, and view the death scene.

If you were ever demoted because you were inactive or the staff has had a lot of complaints about you, how would you react?: I would try to ask them what was wrong, then improve upon my mistakes.

While I trust your competence with ULX and staff experience on other servers there are flaws I would like to address. On many of the questions in this application, it seems like you took a quick glance over the question and when answering it made mistakes. Such as the part with the door blocking where it says the map has changed and you cannot look at death scenes you then proceed to state that you will go back and look at death scenes. While your activity has been consistent it has been throughout about a week and you have not had time to settle in with the community. Sometimes you just borderline mass RDM with props while unprovoked. I get that it's fun when doing that and me and many others are fine with that but some might get upset about it. I want you to take time to grow as a part of the community, engaging in the discord. This leaves me giving you a +/-0 on this application. Good luck!

I will say, you are a pretty cool guy from what I have seen, but I don't really know who you are. You are very new to the server and I feel like you should get to know the server a little better. 

About the way you would handle things: I feel like you should rely more on yourself to handle things. Of course, if it is a bannable offense, you should get an upper staff to take care of it, but everything else should be within your doing. If you make sure you know the rules in and out and refer to the list on the staff guidelines, you should be within your ability to take care of almost any situation.

Also, about death scenes. They are a bit odd sometimes and I know they don't work once the map has changed. At that point you would use The evidence from the logs to determine the punishment. 

I believe you could be a good staff member if we get to know you better. Get a microphone. That will allow us to get to know you better and see who you are. Im going to give this a -1 for now, but that could change with time to come.

You are rather new to the server having just joined in the past week. It's not a bad thing, your time recently has been very good and I see you frequently helping to revive the server. But like mentioned by dogs are awesome and Spancer, we would like to see more of you. Sometimes we have newer, very active people apply for supporter and then disappear while the application is still up. Staying active on the server and even in our discord will definitely help going forward. And it's good to see you have a fair deal of staff experience. 

As far as the content of the application, there's nothing glaring to me. It's a good effort so cheers for that. Personally I don't believe a mic is necessary, we have staff that contribute plenty without one. It can help others getting to know you better but especially as a supporter it's 100% optional. Also, like mentioned as a supporter you will be able to handle a good deal of situations so just be sure you try your best. 

I'll re-post later but I just wanted to leave this as a placeholder for now. So I'm going to wait to leave a negative or positive vote until then. Good luck! 

[Image: tenor_15.gif]
(03-20-2020, 07:55 PM)dogs are awesome Wrote: While I trust your competence with ULX and staff experience on other servers there are flaws I would like to address. On many of the questions in this application, it seems like you took a quick glance over the question and when answering it made mistakes. Such as the part with the door blocking where it says the map has changed and you cannot look at death scenes you then proceed to state that you will go back and look at death scenes. While your activity has been consistent it has been throughout about a week and you have not had time to settle in with the community. Sometimes you just borderline mass RDM with props while unprovoked. I get that it's fun when doing that and me and many others are fine with that but some might get upset about it. I want you to take time to grow as a part of the community, engaging in the discord. This leaves me giving you a +/-0 on this application. Good luck!

Since I edited my assessment on Ray's app I feel it the time to do the same here. I have seen more usage of discord from you and giving new players advice on how to play the game. You have pretty good control over your emotions and would do well as staff. I have seen some of your negative tendencies be removed. +1

[Image: 91dSDRAsdYBeQ5XJ6]
dogs are awesome is PogChamp. Not accepting him would be WeirdChamp.

(03-29-2020, 05:28 AM)timthebull Wrote: dogs are awesome is PogChamp. Not accepting him would be WeirdChamp.

Thanks for supporting my app on someone else's app that's pretty PogChamp.

[Image: 91dSDRAsdYBeQ5XJ6]
Application Accepted

Please get ahold of an Admin or Jr. Admin for further instructions.