• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:52861174

In-Game Name: Shane

Steam Profile link:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/_Shane_

Time Played on the Server (Please include your Gametracker Link):
Roughly 60 hours
https://www.gametracker.com/player/Shane....52:27015/

About Yourself : Yo! My name is Shane. I'm a part time college student, and I work as the overnight supervisor at Planet Fitness. I'm majoring in Computer Engineering, and during my free time I love to play Rocket league and Garry's Mod. I have over 1500 hours in Garry's Mod, with 90%+ of that time being in TTT.  

Do you let your emotions get in the way sometimes?: When dealing with disrespect, I like to go by a system to prevent anything from getting too out of hand. Typically, I rethink what I'm going to say, and even then, if I still cant find how to respond in a manner I see fit, Ill ask others for their opinion as to get an ever more unbiased opinion. So I would say, no.

Do you own a good mic?: Yes

How active can you be (day to day)?: I work overnights 10pm-6am (Whenever gyms open back up), and I currently have class Tuesday+Thursday from 1:30-3:30. This is subject to change as I plan on taking summer courses, but I still have most of the day to hop on and play. 

What time are you usually on?: Later at night typically, from about 8pm-12pm, but Im also frequently on around 5pm-8pm.

Are you staffing any other servers?: I am not. 

Staff Experience: I would say roughly 75% of my 1500 hours are from staffing on Ruber, which was an old Low-Grav TTT 24/7 Dolls and Minecraft server. I was Senior Administrator, but that was in high school roughly 5 years ago. I'm confident that if I were given the opportunity, I would fully regain my knowledge on how to use commands/check logs/death scene etc.

Why do you want to be staff?: This server has been a joy to play on, and I haven't played TTT in years really. This is mostly because I quit playing video games at the end of highschool, and after Ruber had lost funding, I never found a TTT server that I enjoyed nearly as much as this one, which has made me want to stick around for a while. 

Why should we choose you?: You should choose me because I have 100's of hours of experience, combined with the pure drive to play and make the server a better place. (Plus y'all have need staff in the title Big Grin)

There are a lot of times where there are misunderstandings over RDM or times where people are toxic. You notice a situation like this starting to become an issue and it's slowly getting worse. 
How would you handle this situation?: Speak 1 on 1 with them to try to gain a better understanding of the situation. I would tell each player that its over, and that continuing will not make the situation any better. However, if it were to continue, depending on their form of communication I would gag/mute them if it gets out of hand. 

You accidentally slay someone that didn't need to be punished. They proceed to get mad because you made a mistake. How would you resolve this situation?: Apologize, briefly explain where I made the mistake/misunderstood, and offer some points or something as a friendly gesture.

There is a report where someone was killed for door blocking. The map changes and you can no longer view the death scene and the report is a "he said, she said" ordeal. How would you determine if the player needs to be punished or not?:
Firstly, if given the opportunity I would instantly check the death scene before a map change, as I know this can make the situation extremely difficult/impossible to handle in an unbiased manner. But in a situation where I am unable to check, I would explain to the player who submitted a report that it would be unfair for me to trust their word over the others, and that ill keep an eye out/if it happens again don't hesitate to report it. 

If you were ever demoted because you were inactive or the staff has had a lot of complaints about you, how would you react?: If it were for the fact that I was inactive, I wouldn't react at all because I understand that you would like to have only the most active as apart of the staff team. If it were for the reason that staff had complaints about me, I would be curious as to what Im doing wrong so I could fix it, but again, still nothing negative. 

+1, Shane is very nice and I think will be a great adding to the staff team

Active, amazing to play with, fun, overall as a person, amazing. The application is also amazing. +1

poogers player, very active, knows the rules +1

0 Never played with them I don't know you very well so I'm not going to +1 or -1, good luck though.

Should probably interact with people more but regardless he would make great staff. [font]+1[/font]

dogs are awesome
I see you on a good bit and I have personally never had any problems with you.
I know you have more than enough time on the server, which is good, but I would like to see just some more interaction I guess? 
I don't think I have ever had a conversation with you, be it big or small, in the entire time you have been on.
Besides that, I see nothing immediately wrong with you getting supporter.

+1

good luck!

[Image: F5cV3ga.jpg]
I appreciate the constructive feedback from Pingu and dogs, specifically about interacting more. Trust me Im always trying, but I’ve been making a conscious effort to interact even more! Big Grin

⠄⠄⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠄
⠄⠄⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠄
⠄⣤⣾⣿⠟⠋⠉⠉⠄⠈⠉⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣿⡇⠄
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⡄⠄⠈⠙⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠁⠄⣀⣀⣤⣄⣀⠉⢣⠄
⠄⣿⣿⣿⡋⠉⠄⢀⣀⣀⣄⡀⢀⣀⣠⣿⣿⣿⡄⠄⠄⠈⠛⠛⠻⠿⢿⣆⣾⠄
⠄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣉⣛⣛⣩⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⠶⢶⣦⣦⠄⣀⣽⣿⠄
⠄⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣤⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⠄
⠄⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠄
⠄⠄⢺⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣝⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⢀
⡇⠄⠄⠛⢿⣿⡿⠟⣽⣿⣿⣧⡀⠄⠄⠉⠉⠙⠋⢉⣿⣧⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣠⣿
⣷⠄⠄⠄⢀⣀⠄⠾⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣀⣀⣤⣴⣿⣿⣿⣇⠈⢿⣿⡟⢁⣿⣿
⣿⡄⠄⠄⠠⢿⣆⠄⠄⠘⠉⠉⠉⠁⠈⠙⠩⠿⠍⠙⠻⠄⠉⣰⣿⡿⠁⣾⣿⣿