• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Gilbert's Staff Application
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:55286968

In-Game Name: gilbert

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070839664/

Time Played on the Server (Please include your Gametracker Link): https://www.gametracker.com/player/Gilbert/104.153.105.52:27015/

About Yourself: Stinky dude from Iowa who likes jazz and art.

Do you let your emotions get in the way sometimes?: Sometimes yes, but not that often anymore.

Do you own a good mic?: Yes. Blue Yeti.

How active can you be (day to day)?:
Almost everyday for usually 4-5 hours.

What time are you usually on?: 5pm CST to about 9pm CST.

Are you staffing any other servers?: Nope.

Staff Experience: I've been staff on multiple TTT servers in both Gmod and CSGO
AG TTT Admin x 2 
CG TTT Admin
CC Supporter

Why do you want to be staff?: With quarantine going on a lot more new players are playing and sometimes there isn't much staff on to help out. I want to be able to help when situations get out of hand.

Why should we choose you?: I'm well experienced and I enjoy the server a lot.

There are a lot of times where there are misunderstandings over RDM or times where people are toxic. You notice a situation like this starting to become an issue and it's slowly getting worse. 
How would you handle this situation?:
If toxicity arises I'd warn before going to mute or gag. As for RDM I'd watch the death scene to see what happened and go from there. 

You accidentally slay someone that didn't need to be punished. They proceed to get mad because you made a mistake. How would you resolve this situation?: I apologize to them and offer them a T-Pass in return or willingly slay myself. Not really much you can do to make up to them tbh.

There is a report where someone was killed for door blocking. The map changes and you can no longer view the death scene and the report is a "he said, she said" ordeal. How would you determine if the player needs to be punished or not?: At that point there isn't much you can do. You won't ever come to a conclusion from a he said, she said situation. I don't think I'd punish the player.

If you were ever demoted because you were inactive or the staff has had a lot of complaints about you, how would you react?: I'd be upset for a little bit, but then ask on how I could improve as a person and staff as a whole. 

[Image: FPS66Iz.gif]
I enjoy having you play on the server. You've definitely mellowed out as of recent, but I think that's more linked to the fact that you don't talk as much. I like you and all, but previous experiences with you as staff has left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think the role you best fill on CC is a staffing role. Please don't take it personally Sad

I see that you are pretty chill around the server but you were unbanned recently and I feel like there should be more time before going for staff. You seem pretty cool but I dont know you very much other than a few times you typed in chat for some reason or another. Id like to see you prove that you should be staff and be beneficial to the community and that takes time.

Your behaviour since getting unbanned has been a lot better, and I don't think that I'm the only person that will say that they've seen you make a real effort in how you act and are perceived by other community members. I've also seen you be helpful towards other players, and you're pretty chill and fun to play with. However, while I think this, I have to agree with others and say that this application is too soon. 

+0 for the time being. If this application doesn't have a good outcome, don't get discouraged, keep trying. You're doing better, and I hope to see you on the staff roster sometime in the future ^^

[Image: tumblr_psdi9aPVFc1uk0o8w_540.gif]
Hi, I'm Lily ^-^
+0 For reasons stated above.

+1  I Enjoy playing with you and haven't had any problems. Pretty sure you know the rules and would make a good staff member.

+/-0 While I have seen some strides towards improvement from you such as helping out new members there are still some problems, notably I want to see more of it and want more time to pass for you to prove yourself. It is incredibly hard to take a person who was permabanned a month ago onto the staff team.

dogs are awesome
I'm happy to see the improvements you've made in your actions on the server as well as your overall attitude toward other players and the server as a whole.
Believe me, I do appreciate the changes you've made and the fact that you're now a friendlier member of the community.
Unfortunately, I would still like to see more time out of you to prove that it's not just a temporary change in the right direction.
Thanks for your interest but at this time, I will not be giving a +/-1.

I'm going to say that I was against your unban, I felt it was too soon and that more time should have passed. But since you have been unbanned and the time I've been on the server with you you have seem'ed like you have made positive steps towards getting your shit together in a pretty short amount of time. That being said I don't feel like I'm comfortable with you being staff yet. It requires a lot more emotional management than just playing on the server. I would need to see how you handle a stressful situations and how you react to them before I could give you a nod for staff. For now -1

I am now seeing that you were recently banned but other than that, you truly know your rules and really fun to play with. +/-0