Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exclamation 
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:80299298

In-Game Name at the Time of the Ban: portly

Reason for the Ban: harassment of other players

Banned By: Pingu

Ban Time Remaining: Forever

Why Should You Be Unbanned?: I'll admit that i'm an outspoken person at heart, but I don't believe that makes me deserving of a ban. Other than the situation with Alpha, (which I won't get into as it's worthy of its own thread), I don't believe I've done or said anything overly controversial or offensive. If my ban is repealed, I promise to all the lovely people of this community that I will attempt to withhold my words of "harassment", and censor my subjectively offensive language. I have taken into consideration the feelings of the few outspoken individuals who wished for my ban, and will continue to reflect on my supposed wrongdoings while my appeal is reviewed. All in all, Carbon Castles is a great server that I enjoyed spending too much time on with friends who, for the most part, understood my crude sense of humor, and I hope to spend more time as a member of this community.

You were never warned, I told the staff at the time this was all going down when velka messaged staff that the only way to punish is warn then punish after warn because of the communitys free speech rule policy which I was told it would be handled, which it was improperly handled. Regardless of how toxic he was there was no formal warning just a perma ban, complete skip of the rule set for a perma. Huge +1 get him back in the game.

[Image: ph3l8ss.gif]
I'm fine with an unban after hearing some things about you

Well I'm sure you didn't know about the allegations. So, yeah, just chill on the pedo stuff and yuh you gucci

He shoulda stopped being a pedophile.

As far as I'm concerned this man never got any formal warnings, as to what i've gathered from other staff members and people who are involved with situation no one officially asked him to cut it out except AlphaRiot.
This man showed screenshots of himself telling Portly here to kill himself, why is this such a double standard? Isn't telling someone to end their life, to sincerely end their life way more offensive then saying another man diddles kids? The rule on this server has always been, "you can say pretty much what you want until someones offended", when he got offended he should've contacted staff and formal warning should've been given out. It seems like emotional admins jumped to conclusions rather then actually grasping the situation at hand. They were BOTH going at eachothers necks saying the worse shit they could think of to eachother. Either they should both be banned, or portly should be unbanned. 

Also, who gets actually offended about being called a pedophile?
[Image: 802f719114215f22fefcac30ad908059.jpg]

This appeal in particular goes both ways for me. There's a few points I want to cover, since I'm not even sure of which way this should go maybe it will help me and hopefully others make a decision on this appeal.

I want to preface this by saying I believe a perma ban is warranted in this scenario. Now of course you have this appeal to potentially remove the ban but I believe a permanent ban was deserved. This should not really come as a shock as you said you realized your actions were a bit... forward to say the least. With that said usually this is handled with a 3 day ban or 1 week ban (depending if it's toxicity or harassment) which in this case falls more under harassment. However, that punishment really doesn't feel like it has the proper affect in relation to your actions. I do not believe a 3 day ban was the wake-up call required to get you to stop this behavior. You were warned many, many times on your behavior and I think you should have taken it to heart much sooner. Now with all that said I think this should serve as a very sufficient warning for your behaviors should you be unbanned. 

Moving on to your appeal here, I think you seem apologetic but you also seem to fail to truly see what you have done. It's not always easy to see other people's sides of arguments especially in harassment cases and even more so if you believe you are in the right. In my opinion it waters down your apology by invalidating how you affected certain people. You seemed a bit sarcastic which makes me feel conflicted about the sincerity of this apology and appeal. Maybe that's just me but I can't overlook it. Now it is also good that at bare minimum you touched on your behavior but you should try your best to realize how people perceive your sense of humor. There's a very fine line at times and we are here to try and regulate that, so you need to listen to these warnings you are given. 

And next in regards to the evidence brought forward. I experienced only the beginning of the situation with Alpha. It happened 2 days in a row and I was only there for the first which was of course brought up in the ban request against you. As I saw it your behavior towards Alpha died down the first day so you were in the clear. This was the first case of your harassment at least as far as I was aware. But the very next day you came back doing the same thing. I want to make it very clear the only reason why you were not banned on the spot (for 3 days; harassment) was because again you seemed to have stopped and realized you went too far. Doing it the very next day showed that this was indeed not the case. Now more recently your "sense of humor" continued to get out of hand. As I was not there for the more recent incident this is based entirely off of the evidence provided which in it's own right is very conclusive. I think it was very obvious that you were once again taking things too far. And with this more recent incident it wasn't just one thing. You went after multiple people and I fail to see the humor in it. Based on these two incidents I think you should have very well known to edit your behavior and not go this far. With this happening so many times who's to say there won't be a third, a fourth, more? Behavior like this isn't something we want to keep around in our community so if people with these attitudes aren't able to edit themselves they will be punished. Just how it has to go to keep this community a fun space for everyone.

Now in conclusion. I think you did deserve a perma ban for these incidents but whether it should be kept? I think the ban can be edited down to not keep you off the server indefinitely. The only reason I say this is because you obviously can't show your improvements if you can't even join the server. This is a very big leap of faith in assuming that you are dedicated to changing. Mostly because in the past you didn't show that you would. In fact, that's the only reason why things have gotten this far. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist so I think seeing what other people think will likely help add more to the state of your appeal. After all of this I'm not leaving you with a plus or minus one. I wanted to leave this here so maybe it can help other people see more on the situation or come to their own conclusions based on these events.

[Image: tenor_15.gif]
(07-06-2019, 08:56 PM)Piper Wrote: This appeal in particular goes both ways for me. There's a few point I want to cover, since I'm not even sure of which way this should go maybe it will help me and hopefully others make a decision on this appeal.

I want to preface this by saying I believe a perma ban is warranted in this scenario. Now of course you have this appeal to potentially remove the ban but I believe a permanent ban was deserved. This should not really come as a shock as you said you realized your actions were a bit... forward to say the least. With that said usually this is handled with a 3 day ban or 1 week ban (depending if it's toxicity or harassment) which in this case falls more under harassment. However, that punishment really doesn't feel like it has the proper affect in relation to your actions. I do not believe a 3 day ban was the wake-up call required to get you to stop this behavior. You were warned many, many times on your behavior and I think you should have taken it to heart much sooner. Now with all that said I think this should serve as a very sufficient warning for your behaviors should you be unbanned. 

Moving on to your appeal here, I think you seem apologetic but you also seem to fail to truly see what you have done. It's not always easy to see other people's sides of arguments especially in harassment cases and even more so if you believe you are in the right. In my opinion it waters down your apology by invalidating how you affected certain people. You seemed a bit sarcastic which makes me feel conflicted about the sincerity of this apology and appeal. Maybe that's just me but I can't overlook it. Now it is also good that at bare minimum you touched on your behavior but you should try your best to realize how people perceive your sense of humor. There's a very fine line at times and we are here to try and regulate that, so you need to listen to these warnings you are given. 

And next in regards to the evidence brought forward. I experienced only the beginning of the situation with Alpha. It happened 2 days in a row and I was only there for the first which was of course brought up in the ban request against you. As I saw it your behavior towards Alpha died down the first day so you were in the clear. This was the first case of your harassment at least as far as I was aware. But the very next day you came back doing the same thing. I want to make it very clear the only reason why you were not banned on the spot (for 3 days; harassment) was because again you seemed to have stopped and realized you went too far. Doing it the very next day showed that this was indeed not the case. Now more recently your "sense of humor" continued to get out of hand. As I was not there for the more recent incident this is based entirely off of the evidence provided which in it's own right is very conclusive. I think it was very obvious that you were once again taking things too far. And with this more recent incident it wasn't just one thing. You went after multiple people and I fail to see the humor in it. Based on these two incidents I think you should have very well known to edit your behavior and not go this far. With this happening so many times who's to say there won't be a third, a fourth, more? Behavior like this isn't something we want to keep around in our community so if people with these attitudes aren't able to edit themselves they will be punished. Just how it has to go to keep this community a fun space for everyone.

Now in conclusion. I think you did deserve a perma ban for these incidents but whether it should be kept? I think the ban can be edited down to not keep you off the server indefinitely. The only reason I say this is because you obviously can't show your improvements if you can't even join the server. This is a very big leap of faith in assuming that you are dedicated to changing. Mostly because in the past you didn't show that you would. In fact, that's the only reason why things have gotten this far. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist so I think seeing what other people think will likely help add more to the state of your appeal. After all of this I'm not leaving you with a plus or minus one. I wanted to leave this here so maybe it can help other people see more on the situation or come to their own conclusions based on these events.

Why should he be perma'd if he never got a formal warning? No talking to him one on one. You literally put the ban hammer down on him. If he is perma'd, then perma ban Alpha. He Legit wished death upon a man who was talking about him. If you all are """tired""" of him acting this way, warn him. Interrogate. Something. Alpha's actions was IMO worse than portly's. This man was perma'd out of the blue for harassment, when harassment is legit only 3 days. Just unprofessional in my eyes.

I've never had a problem with portly he's just a big memer. I don't think it's fair that alpha isn't getting punished as well even tho he told portly to kill himself smh. +1

As this is the place to discuss Portlys ban, I think when I see proof that he has learned that harassment is a bad thing, I'd be ready to say yes to an appeal. But as of now, you dont seem to be apologetic or even understanding of what you did wrong. When you're ready to actually understand and apologize for what you did AS WELL AS vow to never do it again, then I'll say yes to an appeal. Until then, -1

(07-06-2019, 09:39 PM)Ian322 Wrote: As this is the place to discuss Portlys ban, I think when I see proof that he has learned that harassment is a bad thing, I'd be ready to say yes to an appeal. But as of now, you dont seem to be apologetic or even understanding of what you did wrong. When you're ready to actually understand and apologize for what you did AS WELL AS vow to never do it again, then I'll say yes to an appeal. Until then, -1

"As this is a place for discussing his ban" What? Hello? All of us have been ontopic. Ontop of Vowing to not be mean is literally impossible. People are gonna be mean. It's the internet. Did you legit not see what alphariot said??? Based on this he should be Perma'd too. Being permad the FIRST TIME for this is legit wrong and blatantly handed incorrectly