• Assassins Creed

• The Witcher

• Metal Gear Solid

• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Rule change
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I think that we need to add nuance to the rule that you're supposed to wait for an ID before killing. It's happened a few times where someone has RDM'd a T randomly, unprovoked everyone is just standing together and a deagle is pulled out and a T is RDM'd so before the ID the RDMer is killed. I understand the rule for when you don't know what's happening and there is a fire fight you should wait for an ID before just killing whoever won. but I don't think the same rule should be applied to situations of clear and blantant RDM. I don't think people should be slain for killing and innocent who out of nowhere killed a T.

i've been slain for this a couple times & it doesn't make much sense. some of the staff don't even enforce it in this type of situation when an afk t is clearly rdmed. an rdmer shouldn't be rewarded by being proven for this, especially since i've seen t's rdm their afk teammates to prove themselves innocent. the overall rule makes sense and i don't think it should be removed, just tweaked a bit.

Well, you have to take into account the fact that the person who is shooting the Traitor might have had DNA that he didn't want to share with everyone before killing said T? Not all accounts of this are in fact RDM so that is why the rule is in place. Obviously, if it is at the beginning of a round and someone just yeets a guy's head right off you have full power to shoot them without ID'ing the body. You have to give the person time to at least explain themselves before just killing them. Plus, it's your karma that ends up getting wasted anyways. I don't know why you feel inclined to shoot someone who RDM'd a T anyways? You know they are innocent so what's the point in losing karma and points over killing them? They will be handled with via reports so you really shouldn't have to worry about this. Killing someone else just because they RDM'd one person only causes chain RDM and becomes more of a headache for everyone. Obviously, if they claim to have RDM'd someone and the victim was Innocent you have full power to shoot them, I am just not seeing why you would want to shoot a known proven.... I understand if the person is attempting to Mass RDM or anything of that sort but killing someone for an accident who you know is innocent is just pointless.

[Image: iaYvp7l.gif]
i understand why you might not want to kill them for it, and i'm not saying it's a good idea to kill them, but like i said some t's rdm their afk t buddies to prove themselves innocent. and afk's typically don't report when they come back because they assume they were killed in overtime. i just don't think it should be required to wait for someone to check an afk's body when you're absolutely sure they killed them for no reason. and the idea that killing a known innocent for rdm should be slayable, if applied here, should also be applied to detectives who rdm. it's not slayable to kill a detective who's rdming innocent players, but it is slayable to kill someone who rdms a traitor.

If a detective RDM's it could be on accident (they got DNA from the wrong body)? The only reason an Innocent would have the need to kill a Detective is that there is a threat of attempting some sort of Mass RDM on the server. If it was one isolated RDM, killing a Detective for that will most likely get you killed because it doesn't at all help your team win the round and actually worsens your chances. What you are describing is like a one and a thousand chance of happening. Killing and RDM'er is considered chain RDM and is against the rules. Once someone RDM's and has no intention of further RDM'ing, it is solely to be dealt with in the report system. If you feel someone was wronged, you can message them when they get back explaining the situation for them. I don't see why you can't wait for 5 seconds for them to ID and give reasoning? It literally will not change the outcome at all. You can either choose to shoot them or not after they ID the body and potentially give reasoning. Obviously, if they run away you can shoot them I just don't get why you can't wait the extra 5 seconds for them to do it. If T's kill their T buddies to become proven that is totally on the person who is AFK to look into that and ask around to see if they were killed in overtime or not. Just because someone says they are proven doesn't mean you have to accept that they are proven too. If you think someone RDM'd their T buddy to become proven just call them out for being suspicious as the other T may not have done anything in the first place to warrant him being shot. Killing anyone after they RDM someone be it by accident or on purpose is still considered chain RDM at the end of the day which is against the rules. Just like with any other RDM, let it be dealt with through the report system. Unless you are 10000% sure that it was a T who just killed his T buddy to be proven, which I don't think you can ever know, just guess, you shouldn't have any reason to kill a proven person unless they themselves do something suspicious/kosable. If you at all feel like the person who did RDM will cause further RDM you have full power to shoot them and explain that in the report. If you witness the beginning of the gunfight and see the person shoot the T (or whatever role) first and unprovoked, you have FULL power to kill them without ID'ing the body. This is why I am confused. This rule only applies to cases where you did not see the beginning of the gunfight which, in the case you are describing, you did see the beginning of it so it would be perfectly within your bounds to kill the person because you witnessed who shot first. Obviously, this only applies if the person was AFK. If they were not you have to assume that maybe the player somehow had DNA on the target and you have to let them ID the body. However, since you seem to only be talking about RDM'ing AFK players, as long as you see the start of the engagement, you have the grounds to shoot.

[Image: iaYvp7l.gif]
quoting isn't working for me, or maybe i'm doing it wrong, but sorry in advance for the odd formatting.
---
pingu: If you witness the beginning of the gunfight and see the person shoot the T (or whatever role) first and unprovoked, you have FULL power to kill them without ID'ing the body. This is why I am confused. This rule only applies to cases where you did not see the beginning of the gunfight which, in the case you are describing, you did see the beginning of it so it would be perfectly within your bounds to kill the person because you witnessed who shot first. Obviously, this only applies if the person was AFK.
-----
this is the only kind of situation i was referring to. for example, i was standing with an afk, and about 30 seconds in, someone came up and shot him in the head. i killed the rdmer and got slayed for it. only in this situation would i have a problem with being slayed, any other time it's completely understandable. sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the in depth replies.

If you kill a man for killing an AFK T (not letting them ID) I see no reason why you should be slain for it, as there wouldn't have been any real proof on the player.

If you see someone kill an AFK T and they happen to ID it, I don't really see a reason you would wanna kill them in the first place, but a slay wouldn't make sense, as they did kill an AFK before OT.

But as pingu said, they could have information that you didn't know they had, which is where confusion could come in.

I think I got the gist of this but correct me if I missed anything

Yeah my point was missed but I don't really know how to explain it better and stemmy changed it :/ let's just close the thread