• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Enlarged Meat's Staff Application
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43317218

In-Game Name: Enlarged Meat

Steam Profile link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046900165/

Time Played on the Server (Please include your Gametracker Link): 21 hours and 51 minutes https://www.gametracker.com/player/%5BCC...=garrysmod

About Yourself : I'm not too interesting. I live with my grandma, and take care of her. I work at Best Buy as a customer service rep and know how to respect people while also being firm. I am from Minnesota and have lived here most of my life.

Do you let your emotions get in the way sometimes?: hell no. Like i said working in customer service you learn how to put aside your emotions for the policy and rules

Do you own a good mic?: yup!

How active can you be (day to day)?: most days I can be on for about 1 hour and even more on the weekends

What time are you usually on?: 12p - 5p

Are you staffing any other servers?: Nope

Staff Experience: I was a Moderator on the TTT fun server before it had died for a few months.

Why do you want to be staff?: same reason I work. I want to be busy and have fun at the same time. I also want to make the server a fun and safe environment to play on.

Why should we choose you?: I have experience with moderating and am able to put emotions aside for fairness.

There are a lot of times where there are misunderstandings over RDM or times where people are toxic. You notice a situation like this starting to become an issue and it's slowly getting worse. 
How would you handle this situation?: calmly try and talk to both of the parties one at a time, explain that they cant get too heated, and that it will be dealt with. If either party continues to show aggression towards another I would mute/gag as necessary

You accidentally slay someone that didn't need to be punished. They proceed to get mad because you made a mistake. How would you resolve this situation?: explain that the issue was my fault. I would proceed to give the same punishment to myself and gift a player pass of their choice.

There is a report where someone was killed for door blocking. The map changes and you can no longer view the death scene and the report is a "he said, she said" ordeal. How would you determine if the player needs to be punished or not?: talk to all witnesses and figure our a cohesive story. If there was another staff member involved who was a witness I would also consult them and If I am able to make a decision based on matching evidence, I would proceed to deal out the proper punishment. If I cannot reach a conclusion, I would consult my fellow staff on what to do.

If you were ever demoted because you were inactive or the staff has had a lot of complaints about you, how would you react?: I would be fine with it. There would be no reason for me to be upset because it was nobodies fault but my own

Hey meat, I've come to see you on the server a lot over the course of the past few weeks or what be it. I've personally never had a problem with you and I don't think anyone else has. That being said, I think that there is some room for you to improve. My only big issue is that I feel like you literally just exist on the server. Now, this could be attributed to the fact that your time is not the best, but works. I'm thinking that because you are on for short periods a lot of days you don't get to say too much before leaving. That being said, try to have more of a voice on the server because people would like to know more of who you are before posting on your application I assume. Anyways, I don't see that enough of a reason for me to not support you because you have plenty of time to improve before your application gets decided upon. 

+1 Good luck

[Image: iaYvp7l.gif]
+1 Very good staff app, and very good person on the server

Application Denied
I really wanted to try to accept this even though the answers were short but your time fell off the face of the planet. If you do end up coming back to CC feel free to re-apply.